Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cincinnati Half Marathon

Its been a long time and a baby since I ran a half marathon but I thought it was time to lace up my sneakers and get running again so I rallied the girls and we started logging the miles. We decide that the Cincinnati Half Marathon would be a great race for us. It was on a Saturday, flat and a great course through Cincinnati and along the river. It really was a great course! I was pleasantly surprised at how the scenery really helped the miles fly by. We ran along the Ohio River, through downtown and past both the Reds and Bangles Stadiums.(Brynlee waiting in the cold for Mama)
But lets take a few steps backward and start at the beginning of that day. Erin, Julie and I stayed in the same hotel so we met up and headed out the race together to meet Mindy. Well, we were literally locked in the parking garage. The attendant was not there yet and the self pay machine was not working so after a little freaking out and some quick thinking, Erin lifted the arm and I drove on a curb and with an inch to spare, literally, we squeezed out of the garage. We drove to the start, as I ate a banana, and our preplanned parking area was no longer and option so we had to park and run to the start. After a quick pit stop at the bathroom we heard the announcer say. "Two minutes to the start." Perfect timing!I lost the girls right from the get go. It was a beautiful day! The weather was great, the city was quiet and I felt awesome. I was running a great pace. At mile seven I started to see the Elite runners coming back and I hit an hour of running. Both big boosts, still feeling great and chatting with a few runners around me. Coming up on Mile 11 I could feel my energy level starting to drop so at the water station I decided that a little Gatorade wouldn't hurt. Remember that banana I ate in the car, it made a reappearance before I got to mile 12. Yep I threw up several times before I hit mile 12 and a few more time before I finished and after the race. My great pace and PR were splattered all over the road just like my puke.
(Julie Hill, Mindy McQuivey, Erin Hadfield, me)
You might think that because I was throwing up for 2 miles, that I would have had a bag experience. Not the case! I loved this race! It was fun! I know, I am crazy.
Official Time: 1:54:22 not a PR by a minute

Ok so now onto the second half of our day.
We took the kids to the Cincinnati Zoo for trick or treating. We went with Erin, Evan and Ashton. (Brandon was at a funeral and yes, Erin managed amazingly without him.) Brynlee was a pumpkin because her real Halloween costume wasn't done yet. We didn't take many picture but Brynlee had a great time. Through out the zoo were treat stops where the kids could trick or treat. They also had a few other special things set up like the Little Beauty Shop of Horrors. Here you could get a tattoo, a braided extension and your nails painted. Obviously a winner in Brynlee's book.A special thanks to my A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. husband! He is so supportive of me and my crazy adventures and the hours and hours of training that take me away from my chores and family at home. I could not do these races without you babe. THANKS!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Milliseconds suggests the intention of this hottest Office 2010 fitting associated with Company pertaining to Macintosh is usually to carry the application additional using the Glass windows buyer experience in the collection. That which you see because perhaps most obviously addition to your Apple computer Office 2010 Download release is Perspective, this e-mail in addition to production software Apple pc end users get clamored for for several years. We also pointed out that such as Office 2010 regarding Home windows, the Apple pc edition seems as if it is going to reveal a similar good Lace Microsoft Office 2010 user interface features of it is Home windows opposite number all around every one of the wordpress from the suite.