Sunday, September 5, 2010

Trip to the Arizona heat

This summer Bryce had to take his National Dental Boards Part 1, so while he hit he books, Brynlee and I took off for a little vacation. We spent 11 days in Phoenix with my parents. We had so much fun and Brynlee got some much "attention", which was a word she learned while we were there. My mom did a great job of keeping us busy with fun things she had planned. We went to the pool with the play ground in the middle, the children's museum, the mall and much more. We saw my grandma twice while we were there and spent Pioneer days in Snowflake, AZ with my Grandpa. I ran a fun run in Snowflake and got 1st in my age group! It was a really small race :) We enjoyed every minute with family in Arizona, but we missed daddy too. I am the worst at remembering the camera and taking pictures so I only have pictures for the first weekend we were there. SO LAME!!

These are pictures from the Heard Museum. It is a museum about the history of the American Indian in AZ and surrounding states. It was free so why the heck not get some culture.
They had lots of arts and craft stations around for the kids to do and Brynlee enjoyed them, but the water fountain was by for the most fascinating.
They had some Hopi dancers come down for the reservation to perform.
And what trip to the museum isn't complete without a free Popsicle that melts faster than you can eat it.
My parents always have an abundance of popsicle and ice cream in the fridge. It how we survived growing up in the heat and the tradition continues.

Thanks for a GREAT trip Mom and Dad!

P.S. Bryce PASSED his test and is now officially 1/2 a dentist.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Hooray for the half-dentist!

I wish we could have been in AZ when you were there!

Lil Lancaster Fam said...

Makes me want to go visit Arizona! And Congrats Bryce on the 1/2 dentist!