Monday, November 17, 2008

Snow What?!

Ever since moving to Kentucky, people ask me the weirdest questions about "The West" like it is some strange far off land. Lately the questions have been about the weather. The past two weeks we have seen little to no sun here in Kentucky and it has been pretty chilly (40's for highs) with lots of rain. Today, I was sitting at my desk and my boss said, "Lora, come check this out it the first snow storm of the season!" I got really excited because since moving from Utah, Bryce and I have really missed the snow. I went to the window and tiny tiny tiny speckles of white were falling like 15 feet apart and melting when they hit the ground. Everyone was so excited because it was the first snow! but the whole time I was thinking, "Snow, what snow? I don't see any snow." A half hour later when I was walking out to my car, there was no sign of the snow storm that dumped on us. Ha Ha! You got to love Kentucky!

Check out the family photo link to see some of the fun we had in the Utah snow last year.

3 comments:

Susie said...

Yeah, I remember that there isn't much snow. It sure gets freakin' cold, though! Don't worry, you'll get some snow this winter. Just a few inches, and then it will blow away with a wind chill of -25.
Think warm thoughts...

AmyKristen said...

Where's the family photo link?

Lora said...

Amy look on the right had side under the picture on my big old belly and click on "Check out our pictures."